Instructions for collecting more parameters with Justuno and sending them to your Klaviyo integration
Note: If you have an integration set up in Step 3 of your promotion already, please disconnect it in order for the step 1 integration to work.
At a Glance
1. How to Generate an API Key to use with Justuno
Note: Step 1 integration allows for deeper integration with Klaviyo lists and facilitates the overall collection of more visitor information far swifter than previous integrations.
How to generate an API Key to use with Justuno.
- Click the Settings tab
- API Keys.
- Under Private Keys, click Create API key on the top right.
- When you are ready to complete the process of integration, copy the API Key from your Klaviyo account (shown above).
1. Navigate from the initial Promotion Management View to a promo's settings drop-down menu and select to edit the promotion. If an email layer already exists, move to the next step. Within the design canvas view, find the Email Form in the layers area and click to add that layer to the promotion overlay.
2. While either the Email Form field or the submit button field is selected, hit Change Form.
3. Click on Connect ESP Provider, scroll down to select the Klaviyo option. You can then enter your API key.
4. Once the API credentials are accepted by the authentication process, you will see that Klaviyo has successfully been integrated into your promotion. Now, click Next. And select which email lists you would like to send submissions.
Note: In Klaviyo, one must review their list settings as most are set to double opt-in. Which will require an email that has not been used and is valid to accept the double opt-in.
5. Upon finishing the selection of desired lists, a form will be generated from the associated Klaviyo fields, and can now be edited within Justuno's form builder. You are free to import fields from the preselected lists or bring in custom fields. Just make sure these fields match the form setup in the ESP.
Note: It is best practice to ensure that any fields marked as required within the initial Klaviyo list settings be marked as such to match within the Justuno Form Editor prior to finalizing the form creation; this practice will avoid unforeseen issues with Klaviyo's API resolving discrepancies between the expected structure/formatting of the form data and the actual structure/formatting of the form data that a Justuno promotion is submitting.
Note: If you are sending information that does not require a user to fill anything out, make sure the hidden field options are checked. We have some very commonly used data properties that are available for direct auto-populating within fields, and can be set via a drop-down menu located just below each field:
- Current URL (the URL a user is on when they submit the form)
- IP Address (the visitor’s IP address)
- Coupon Code (the coupon code they receive in the post-engagement screen)
- Referring URL (the URL the user clicked on to get to the new page on your website.)
- Previous Referring Domain (the URL of the last domain the user came from)
- First URL Visitor Landed On (the URL the user first landed on)
6. Click Next, then configure the Klaviyo integration settings. Once finished configuring, click Next.
Note: Justuno also has the ability within the Klaviyo integration to either enable or disable duplicate email subscriptions per list. This built-in function will cross-reference the email addresses that are contained within the pertinent lists to be synced with the Justuno and will filter accordingly. This feature will work regardless of whether or not the list being synced is preexisting and contains subscribers from a date prior to the current promotion's creation.
7. Review your form then click Create Form and edit the design to your preferences. If you are pushing the coupon code to Klaviyo please make sure you have a coupon code presenter layer in the post engagement. Here is an article to help you with that setting.
Tip: If you are looking to push Klaviyo SMS at the same time as email, please refer to this article as you will add the SMS field to the form you created here.
Looking for more advanced Justuno use cases? Check out our Academy section, where you'll find step by step instructions for how to implement high-converting strategies and best practices for onsite promotions. Justuno Academy
tags: Klaviyo Integration, Step 1, Design Canvas, Edit Form, Change Form, Email, Customize Fields, Klayvio, Klayvio, Klavyio, Klavyo