Instructions for collecting more parameters with Justuno and sending them to your Klaviyo integration
As of August 8th 2018, Klaviyo Integrations (both Step 1 and Step 3) now preserve the double opt-in options as they are set within your Klaviyo account list and segment settings. A custom form integration within Justuno is no longer required for the double opt-in functionality.
NOTE:If you have an integration set up in Step 3 of your promotion already, please disconnect it in order for the step 1 integration to work.
This easy Step 1 integration allows for a deeper integration with Klaviyo lists, and facilitates the overall collection of more visitor information far swifter than previous integrations. Here’s a quick list of what we’ll cover in the article:
- Connect a Klaviyo List with a Justuno Promotion
- How to Add Fields
- Auto-Populate Fields
- (IP, Coupon Code, Current URL, Referring URL, Previous Referring, Domain, Landing Page URL)
You will need to generate an API Key to use with Justuno. Go to https://www.klaviyo.com/account
- Click the "Settings" tab
- "API Keys".
- Under "Private Keys", click "Create API key" on the top right.
- When you are ready to complete the process of integration, copy the "API Key" from your Klaviyo account (shown above).
- A: Navigate from the initial promotion management view to a promo's settings drop-down menu and select to edit the promotion. If an email layer already exists, move to the next step. Within the design canvas view, find the "Email Form" in the layers area and click to add that layer to the promotion overlay.
- B: While either the "Email Form" field or the 'submit button' field is selected, hit "Change Form".
- This will bring up a modal displaying various tiled options for each integration type, all of which are organized within tabular rows. Click the Klaviyo tile to prompt the authentication window to load, then enter in the Klaviyo account API key.
- Once the API credentials are accepted by the authentication process, you will have the option to pick and choose from the available lists and segments immediately populated from the linked Klaviyo account. You may also generate a new list from this window, and this new list or segment will then automatically sync to the Klaviyo account upon completing the process of creating the form.
- Upon finishing the selection of desired lists, a form will be generated from the associated Klaviyo fields, and can now be edited within Justuno's form editor. If the form was not set up in Klaviyo, you can use the "Add New Fields" feature to populate the Klaviyo list with one of the available fields within the drop-down context menu. The "Load additional Fields" helps add common fields by type.
- Justuno also has the ability within the Klaviyo integration to either enable or disable duplicate email subscriptions per list. This built in function will cross-reference the email addresses that are contained within the pertinent lists to be synced with the Justuno and will filter accordingly. This feature will work regardless of whether or not the list being synced is preexisting and contains subscribers from a date prior to the current promotion's creation.
- It is best practice to ensure that any fields marked as "required" within the initial Klaviyo list settings be marked as such to match within the Justuno Form Editor prior to finalizing the form creation; this practice will avoid unforeseen issues with Klaviyo's API resolving discrepancies between the expected structure/formatting of the form data and the actual structure/formatting of the form data that a Justuno promotion is submitting.
- If you are sending information that does not require a user to fill anything out, make sure the hidden field options are checked. We have some very commonly used data properties that are available for direct auto-populating within fields, and can be set via a drop-down menu located just below each field:
- Current URL (the URL a user is on when they submit the form)
- IP Address (the visitor’s IP address)
- Coupon Code (the coupon code they receive in the post-engagement screen)
- Referring URL (the URL the user clicked on to get to the new page in your website.)
- Previous Referring Domain (the URL of the last domain the user came from)
- First URL Visitor Landed On (the URL the user first landed on)
If you are pushing the coupon code to Klaviyo please make sure you have a coupon code presenter layer in the post engagement. Here is an article to help you with that setting.
- Hit "create form" and edit the design to your liking!
PLEASE NOTE: You do not haveto integrate Klaviyo again within the Step 3 Integration, unless you would like to send emails to two separate lists in Klaviyo.
Tags: Klaviyo Integration, Step 1, Design Canvas, Edit Form, Change Form, Email, Customize Fields