Collect SMS numbers and send to Klaviyo via Justuno integration
At a Glance
To use Klaviyo SMS you must activate the SMS feature in your Klaviyo account. You will then need to generate an API key to utilize Klaviyo.
How to generate an API Key to use with Justuno.
- Click the Settings tab
- API Keys.
- Under Private Keys, click Create API key on the top right.
- When you are ready to complete the process of integration, copy the API Key from your Klaviyo account (shown above).
1. Navigate from the initial Promotion Management View to a promo's settings drop-down menu and select to edit the promotion. If an email layer already exists, move to the next step. Within the design canvas view, find the Email Form in the layers area and click to add that layer to the promotion overlay.
2. While either the Email Form field or the submit button field is selected, hit Change Form.
3. While you are creating a SMS lead capture, you will still choose connect ESP provider as we are simply adding a SMS field to your Klaviyo form.
4. Scroll down, and select the Klaviyo option, then enter your API key.
5. Once the API credentials are accepted by the authentication process, you will see that Klaviyo has successfully been integrated into your promotion. Now, click Next. And select which email lists you would like to send submissions.
Note: In Klaviyo, most lists are set to double opt-in. When adding a phone number with consent, opt in messages are only sent to users subscribing to lists that require double opt it. Otherwise the subscriber won't get a text they will just be added!
6. Upon finishing the selection of desired lists, a form will be generated from the associated Klaviyo fields, and can now be edited within Justuno's form builder where you can add your SMS capture. Klaviyo no longer requires email when capturing SMS, but the form must have either an email or phone number or both. If you do not have one of the two it will not allow you to create the form
7. Please note you can also add an SMS Consent field. This is not required but if you want to utilize the SMS numbers for marketing and texting you will need to include it.
8. Click Next, then configure the Klaviyo integration settings. Once finished configuring, click Next.
Note: Justuno has the ability within the Klaviyo integration to either enable or disable duplicate SMS subscriptions per list. This built-in function will cross-reference the SMS numbers that are contained within the list to be synced with Justuno and will filter accordingly. This feature will work regardless of whether or not the list being synced is preexisting and contains subscribers from a date prior to the current promotion's creation.
9. Review your form then click Create Form and edit the design to your preferences.
tags: Klaviyo Integration, Step 1, Design Canvas, Edit Form, Change Form, Email, Customize Fields, Klayvio, Klayvio, Klavyio, Klavyo
Visit Justuno @ Justuno.com