Step 3 Integration Guide
This article will detail the process of integrating Justuno with Zapier via the step 3 integration route. The Justuno APP within Zapier is currently in Beta testing, and the integration process has to begin by accepting our invite to the Beta. The steps that follow are subject to future changes, but serve the important purpose of elucidating both the primary functionality and the underlying, more specific, aspects of the integration.
This article covers the following material:
Step 1: Where and How to Initiate the Step 3 Integration Process For Zapier
- Starting on the promotion dashboard, navigate to the edit menu on any promotion you would like to connect to your Zapier account. Select the "Edit Integrations" option and click the Zapier tile from among the grid of available integration options.
- Click the link to access the beta invite page on Zapier and accept the invite. Then initiate the process of creating a new ZAP.
- Find the Justuno App using the trigger app search field and complete the initial account authorization process to connect your Justuno account to your Zapier account.
Step 2: Setting Up a Justuno Promotion as a ZAP trigger
- Verify your Justuno associated domain and connect additional if necessary, then "Save and Continue".
- Now find and copy your unique Zap ID from the url string in the associated address of the current ZAP you are in the process of generating.
- Switching over to Justuno, paste the Zap ID into the Step 2 field of the Integration Setup Window and hit save.
- PUBLISH your promotion after saving to finalize the integration with Zapier, and switch back over to Zapier to begin pulling the Justuno promotion form fields. Select "Fetch and Continue" and again save to continue, which will conclude the setup of a Justuno Trigger for the ZAP.
Step 3: Connecting Additional Accounts Within Zapier
- Select an Action from among the vast range of possible combinations, in this example integration I chose to connect a Google Sheet from within a second Google account I control.
- By extension, the process of linking a sheet necessarily entails authentication of the relevant Google Account.
Step 4: Using Justuno Promo Fields in Conjunction With Zapier Generated Templating
- Zapier will now pull all of your promotions form field layers and generate drag and drop templates that can be rearranged.
WARNING: If not all of the fields are pulled you will want to press the refresh fields button to correctly populate the Template
- One thing to note is that the numbered fields seen in the Zapier templates are represented in the same order in which they are configured in the Design Canvas form editor. Field 1 and the named Email field within Zapier actually represent the same field, so adding both will result in redundant data (as is shown in the final media clip).
- I also demonstrate what will happen if additional fields beyond the total number of representative promotion form fields in the process of the API calls.
- Once the desired fields have been dragged to the chosen display end points of your action/s hit continue to finish your action setup.
Step 5: Finalizing The Zapier Integration, Testing, Additional Field Data Options
- Jump back over to Justuno and into a test of the promotion form data submission, we need to verify everything is connected and formatted to our specification.
- Note upon submitting the data which fields actually populated in the Google Sheet columns. The Extra Data fields that were pulled into the template actually represent the fields pulled from within the list of auto-populate values that can be also be found in the Justuno form editor within the design canvas.
- In this particular instance IP Address and Country Code were the additional auto-populate fields that hooked into the Google Sheet upon detection of the promotion engagement event.
Tags: Zapier, Step 3, Integration, webhooks, Multi-Integration, Trigger