This document covers the steps needed to configure the ActiveCampaign Design Canvas Integration
Here’s a quick list of what we’ll cover in the article:
- API Credentials and connection to Justuno
- How to Add Fields
- How to Hide Fields
- Auto-Populate Fields (Collect IP Address, Coupon Code, Current Website URL, Referring URL, Previous Domain Referring URL, First URL visitor landed on)
- Log in to your ActiveCampaign Account and navigate to Settings > Developer
- Copy the URL and KEY for later use in the configuration.
Log in to Justuno
Navigate to Justuno.com and log in using your account credentials.
Edit Promotion Design
- Click the Promotions tab at top
- Click “Edit Design” next to the desired Promotion
- ADD/EDIT Email Form
- To ADD a new email form, select “Email Form” under the “Add Layer” option on the left side and drag it onto the Promotion Canvas.
- Click the “ActiveCampaign” tile to authenticate.
When prompted, enter your ActiveCampaign API URL, and KEY from the first step in this document.
Click "Import API Credentials" and you will move on to select a Mailing List.
ActiveCampaign Mailing List Selection
- Once authenticated, you will see your current ActiveCampaign Mailing Lists appear. Select one list you would like contacts to be added to.
ActiveCampaign Field Definition
We return a common set of ActiveCampaign properties for you to use within the form. You can set additional options for each field, such as Required or Hidden properties.
If you would like to use your ActiveCampaign Custom Fields, then click "Load Additional Fields" and add a new one simply by selecting "Add New Field".
Please note, we have added support for comma-separated Contact Tags and an Organization Name. Enter the name of a current Organization or a new name and it will be created. Be sure to mark these fields as HIDDEN so they don't show on the form!
If you are sending information that does not require a user to fill anything out make sure the hidden setting is checked. We have added a few hidden fields that are commonly used:
- Current url (the url a user is on when they submit the form)
- IP address (the visitor’s IP address)
- Coupon code (the coupon code they receive in the post engagement)
- Referring url (the url the user clicked on to get to the new page in your website.)
- Previous Domain Referring URL (the url of the last page)
- First url visitor landed on (the url the user first landed on)
- Once you have finalized the fields to use, click “Create Form” then arrange the fields are your promotion as desired.
Preview and Publish Your Changes
Once you have arranged all fields, be sure to SAVE and then Preview or Publish your Promotion.