This document covers the steps needed to configure the SendGrid Design Canvas Integration. This integration is a requirement for all SendGrid customers. Our Step 3 SendGrid integration will be no longer supported after September 2017.
Here’s a quick list of what we’ll cover in the article:
- Connection to Justuno
- How to a Add List
- How to Add Fields
- How to Hide Fields
- Auto-Populate Fields (Collect IP Address, Coupon Code, Current Website URL, Referring URL, Previous Domain Referring URL, First URL visitor landed on)
SendGrid API Token
SendGrid API Token
Log in to SendGrid
Navigate to Settings > API Keys and create a new API Key with Full Permissions if one does not exist. Copy the API Key for later use.
Log in to Justuno
Navigate to Justuno.com and log in using your account credentials.
Edit Promotion Design
- Click the Promotions tab at top
- Click “Edit Design” next to the desired Promotion
- ADD/EDIT Email Form
- To ADD a new email form, select “Email Form” under the “Add Layer” option on the left side and drag it onto the Promotion Canvas. (If you have an integration set up in Step 3 of your promotion already, please disconnect it in order for the step 1 integration to work)
- Click the “SendGrid” tile and authenticate.
- Enter the API TOKEN you copied earlier into the screen that appears.
SendGrid Mailing List Selection
- Once authenticated, you will see your current SendGrid Mailing Lists appear. Select one list you would like contacts to be added to or create a new one. The new one will be added to your SendGrid account and will be available for immediate selection.
SendGrid Field Definition
We provide a limited set of fields to use which you can use in the Create Form process. To view/use your SendGrid Custom Fields, click "Load Additional Fields" and check off the fields you would like to add to the form.
If you are sending information that does not require a user to fill anything out make sure the hidden setting is checked. We have added a few hidden fields that are commonly used:
- Current url (the url a user is on when they submit the form)
- IP address (the visitor’s IP address)
- Coupon code (the coupon code they receive in the post engagement)
- Referring url (the url the user clicked on to get to the new page in your website.)
- Previous Domain Referring URL (the url of the last page)
- First url visitor landed on (the url the user first landed on)
To view/use your SendGrid Custom Fields, click "Load Additional Fields" and check off the fields you would like to add to the form.
Once you have finalized the fields to use, click “Create Form” then arrange the fields are your promotion as desired.
Preview and Publish Your Changes
Once you have arranged all fields, be sure to SAVE and then Preview or Publish your Promotion.