This document covers the steps needed to configure the GetResponse Design Canvas Integration. This integration is a requirement for all GetResponse customers. Our Step 3 GetResponse integration will be no longer supported after September 2017.
Here’s a quick list of what we’ll cover in the article:
- Connection to Justuno
- How to a Add List
- How to Add Fields
- How to Hide Fields
- Auto-Populate Fields (Collect IP Address, Coupon Code, Current Website URL, Referring URL, Previous Domain Referring URL, First URL visitor landed on)
GetResponse API Key
You will need to generate an API Key to use with Justuno. Go to http://support.getresponse.com/faq/where-i-find-api-key and follow the instructions to setup your API Key. Copy the "API Key".CONFIGURATION
Log in to Justuno
Navigate to Justuno.com and log in using your account credentials.
Edit Promotion Design
- Click the Promotions tab at top
- Click “Edit Design” next to the desired Promotion
- ADD/EDIT Email Form
- To ADD a new email form, select “Email Form” under the “Add Layer” option on the left side and drag it onto the Promotion Canvas. (If you have an integration set up in Step 3 of your promotion already, please disconnect it in order for the step 1 integration to work)
- Click the “GetResponse” tile and authenticate.
- Enter the API KEY you copied earlier into the screen that appears.
GetResponse Mailing List Selection
Once authenticated, you will see your current GetResponse Mailing Lists appear. Select one list you would like contacts to be added to or create a new one. The new one will be added to your GetResponse account and will be available for immediate selection.
GetResponse Tag Definition
After selecting a List, you will see any Tags created for that List. Select all that apply to new contacts for this List or create a new Tag.
GetResponse Field Definition
We provide a limited set of fields to use which you can use in the Create Form process. To view/use your GetResponse Custom Fields, click "Load Additional Fields" and check off the fields you would like to add to the form.
You can also create new fields by selecting a field type from "Add New Field".
If you are sending information that does not require a user to fill anything out make sure the hidden setting is checked. We have added a few hidden fields that are commonly used:
- Cycle Day (set the GetResponse Auto-Responder Cycle Day Number and hide the field)
- Current url (the url a user is on when they submit the form)
- IP address (the visitor’s IP address)
- Coupon code (the coupon code they receive in the post engagement)
- Referring url (the url the user clicked on to get to the new page in your website.)
- Previous Domain Referring URL (the url of the last page)
- First url visitor landed on (the url the user first landed on)
Once you have finalized the fields to use, click “Create Form” then arrange the fields are your promotion as desired.
Preview and Publish Your Changes
Once you have arranged all fields, be sure to SAVE and then Preview or Publish your Promotion.