The easy Bronto integration allows for quicker and deeper integration with Bronto lists and the collection of more visitor information. Here’s a quick list of what we’ll cover in the article:
- Connect a Bronto List with a Justuno Promotion
- Add a Segment/Tag to New Contacts
- How to Add Fields
- How to Hide Fields
- Auto-Populate Fields (Collect IP Address, Coupon Code, Current Website URL, Referring URL, Previous Domain Referring URL, First URL visitor landed on)
- You will need to generate an API Key to use with Justuno. Go to https://app.bronto.com/mail/pref/data_exchange/
- Click "Add Access Token"
- Enter Justuno into the API Token Name field
- Check permissions for Read and Write
- Copy the "Unique Identifier" (API Key)
- Now you have an API Key that you can use with Justuno
- A: Head to Justuno and within the design canvas find email form in the layers area. If you have an email field already located in the design canvas skip to step 6B.B. If you do have an email field already in the design canvas highlight the email field and then hit change form (If you have an integration set up in Step 3 of your promotion already, please disconnect it in order for the step 1 integration to work)
- This will bring up a modal with all advanced integrations, click Bronto and enter in the API key generated.
- Next Select a list
- If you choose to use a segment for this list choose a segment, or skip this step
- Then you will find the form that has been created in Bronto ready for use. If the form was not set up in Bronto you can use the "Load additional Fields" feature and add in the fields you want to collect.
- If all fields are required to receive the code make sure all required settings are checked off
If you are sending information that does not require a user to fill anything out make sure the hidden setting is checked. We have added a few hidden fields that are commonly used:
- Current url (the url a user is on when they submit the form)
- IP address (the visitor’s IP address)
- Coupon code (the coupon code they receive in the post engagement)
- Referring url (the url the user clicked on to get to the new page in your website.)
- Previous Domain Referring URL (the url of the last page)
- First url visitor landed on (the url the user first landed on)
If you are pushing the coupon code to Bronto please make sure you have a coupon code presenter layer in the post engagement. Here is an article to help you with that setting
- Hit create form and edit the design to your liking! Please note: You do not have to integrate Bronto again in step three (Integrations) unless you would like to send emails to two separate lists in Bronto!
- If you have an integration set up in Step 3 of your promotion already, please disconnect it in order for the step 1 integration to work.